Thursday, August 24, 2017

If I Had a Writer’s Bucket List, It Would Only Be a Top Five.

If I Had a Writer’s Bucket List, It Would Only Be a Top Five.
5.  I’ve been published multiple times online and through ezines, and there were a few print publications too.  What I want is to continue to grow in publications.  Fewer Rejection Letters.  More publications both online and in print.
4.  I have dubbed all the stories that I have written back in high school as “The Notebook Stories.”  Some of them have been self-published like “Distant Skies” and “Porcelain,” and one of them, “Lizardian,” I am trying to get published.  If “Lizardian” could just open that door for me, then I could go ahead and novelize all the rest, and I would rewrite “Porcelain” first.  But there is another novel idea that I have been sitting on too called, “Darkness Dreams.”  I just need that green light.
3.  I used to write a lot of screenplays.  I’m sitting on them too.  I would love to return to writing screenplays and even television shows, and I would love for both to actually make it to the screen.  Maybe, if the novels start happening, that door will open, and I can do it.  There are so many great television shows out there, and I would love for one of my ideas to join them.
2.  I used to do a lot of Open Mics and read my poetry.  I joined a writer’s group a few years back and shared and read my work with them.  Now, the only ones that hear me read aloud are the cats.  I did once go over to the local library to try and organize a reading for one of my self-published books, but I was informed that there were not a lot of people interested.  So, it didn’t happen, but I would love to go back into the public and share and read my work.  I would like to interact with other writers/poets and meet those that like my writing.
1.  This won’t happen, but I can dream.  I would want to make a living as an author, maybe even an author in demand like James Patterson or David Baldacci.  I am far, far from this goal.  I know, but one day, I would like to leave the morning wake up at 6 a.m. and the eight to four life behind.  *Fingers crossed*

6 comments:

Lee Forman said...

I love writer bucket lists. Now I feel like I should make one!

Melissa R. Mendelson said...

You should! :)

Lee Forman said...

I think I just might! :)

Melissa R. Mendelson said...

Please, let me know, and I'll read it. I was checking out your articles earlier today during my lunch break. :)

From the desk of Lynn Long said...

A great writers bucket list :)

Melissa R. Mendelson said...

Thank you. :)