If I Had a Writer’s Bucket List, It Would Only Be a Top Five.
5. I’ve been published multiple times online and through ezines, and there were a few print publications too. What I want is to continue to grow in publications. Fewer Rejection Letters. More publications both online and in print.
4. I have dubbed all the stories that I have written back in high school as “The Notebook Stories.” Some of them have been self-published like “Distant Skies” and “Porcelain,” and one of them, “Lizardian,” I am trying to get published. If “Lizardian” could just open that door for me, then I could go ahead and novelize all the rest, and I would rewrite “Porcelain” first. But there is another novel idea that I have been sitting on too called, “Darkness Dreams.” I just need that green light.
3. I used to write a lot of screenplays. I’m sitting on them too. I would love to return to writing screenplays and even television shows, and I would love for both to actually make it to the screen. Maybe, if the novels start happening, that door will open, and I can do it. There are so many great television shows out there, and I would love for one of my ideas to join them.
2. I used to do a lot of Open Mics and read my poetry. I joined a writer’s group a few years back and shared and read my work with them. Now, the only ones that hear me read aloud are the cats. I did once go over to the local library to try and organize a reading for one of my self-published books, but I was informed that there were not a lot of people interested. So, it didn’t happen, but I would love to go back into the public and share and read my work. I would like to interact with other writers/poets and meet those that like my writing.
1. This won’t happen, but I can dream. I would want to make a living as an author, maybe even an author in demand like James Patterson or David Baldacci. I am far, far from this goal. I know, but one day, I would like to leave the morning wake up at 6 a.m. and the eight to four life behind. *Fingers crossed*